Friday, February 24, 2006

Setting up 32 new systems at busy medical practice.

OK. Some updates of what's been going on.


I'll start with my long project - adventure is more like it.  I'v been rolling out new computers for a customer in Manhattan. They bought 32 new Dell systems that all needed to be setup on the domain and have the office software configured. Doesn't sound bad right? Well, it's a very busy medical practice and the computers are in all areas of the office includeing chek-in check-out, the exam rooms the doctors' desktop PC systems. At the same time I'm handling their day-to-day troubles. Which include the. I can't log in whines, and MS Exchange issues, slowness issues on some of the desktops, integrating medical equipment like EKG tester thingies. They have a company that supports their medical software but I've been their so much I'v been taking care of the problems for them. They have dameware installed on most systems for on-demand pc remote control and are able to push it out to the new systems.


Remote PC Control


The remote pc control software they use came in handy already since I needed their assistance to get the first exam room's software working properly.  It was the first time I had to setup the software from scratch. I tried working with the config from the old computer and did great but the thing I didn't know was I had to have another peice of medical software running, Logician by GE (general Electric),  on first use for it to complete the config. 



Remote desktop control



I was so close but I'm glad I called and saved time. The remote support tech, Tony, just remoted in to one of the servers. He was using some other online on demand computer remote control software to access the server over the Internet  then dameware for remote desktop control of the workstation.  


Remote Computer Control 


I like the software they use for computer remote control but I'm kind of favoring using PC Anywhere on all the desktops for my on demand pc remote support software of choice on the computers in the office. I could connect over the Internet using Microsoft Terminal Server then remotely access the computer systems on the LAN.  


 

No comments: